Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

Review: L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer

Hello lovelies,

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend, I spent mine working, boooo :(


I've had the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer for going on six months and picked it up alongside the matching foundation. L'Oreal have been knocking out the designer dupes left, right and centre recently and this is based upon the well loved YSL Touche Eclat. Now I have actually owned the YSL version previously, as one's high end and the other is high street, you're purchasing into a different market. If you would like a follow up post comparing the two, just let me know.


My relationship with under eye concealers has been down a long and well worn rocky road, I want something that will cover my dark purple circles when I inevitably don't get enough sleep as I should do but I find regular concealers can be too cakey and crease. I have only just dipped my toe into the edge of the illuminating concealer pool. I like the light reflecting nature, instead of just concealing, they highlight and awaken the face.

Now I like the YSL version but I'm obviously not about to splash out £25 on a concealer. I think the L'Oreal Lumi hits the nail on the head and has a near perfect formula.


You twist the pen end to dispense and I found it surprisingly easy to control how much. The applicator is a brush but I prefer applying to my fingers and then blending it in. YSL claims to be a highlighter, whereas this is marketed as a concealer, the coverage is slightly heavier but yet it feels light on the skin and doesn't crease throughout the day. It doesn't entirely cover my dark circles on bad days but I think I would need something pretty heavy duty to do, this is more natural looking and doesn't look like you're caked in make up.

(Hopefully you can see the coverage this gives)

Shade wise, I chose 1 Light, which is slightly yellow toned but very brightening under the eyes. This is available also in medium and dark. When swatching medium seemed to correct more rather than illuminate. Oh, and as for the packaging, that scores top marks with me, I adore anything rose gold.

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer retails for £8.49.

What have you been up to this weekend? What's your favourite concealer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...