Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

Review: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Body Lotion (Gradual Tanner)

Hello lovelies,

As you probably already know I'm naturally pale, think Casper the Ghost...spot on. I love the look of a tan but just can't be bothered with all the maintenance involved and it quickly becomes expensive. I had been using up a L'Oreal gradual tanner but it left me with build up and streaky marks. Now I had never used any of the Palmer's range before but I had seen good reviews of the Palmer's Gradual Tanner and picked it up.


At this time of the year, as the sun is out, I want a natural looking colour. I'm not brave enough to reveal my pasty legs to the World. I find using an instant tanner, I can go one day from being Casper's twin to looking like I've had a month in Barbados, I wish! 

This product claims to offer a natural looking tan. It's a cream formula which both moisturises and tans, it has quite a thick and creamy consistency but is easy to slather on and the skin quickly absorbs it.



Application wise, I use around about 1 pump for each limb, I apply this using a tanning mitten. I personally find this helps to give better coverage and it stops my hands turning orange. I slap this on in the evening and in the morning, I have a nice subtle hint of colour. What I like about this is that you can build up the colour, so you don't have a dramatic transformation into a bronzed goddess. I tend to use this every couple of nights in place of a regular moisturiser just to maintain the colour. Unlike other gradual tanners, you only need to use this once and the glow starts to show. Looking at the colour of my mitten, the tan is green based, so it gives you more of an olive toned tan rather than orange oompa-lumpa.

I find that the tan fades like a natural tan rather than going patchy, I moisturise everyday and exfoliate every few days, so I'm not sure whether if you just left it, it may turn out differently.

The fragrance might not be for everyone, it does smell strongly of cocoa butter but if you ever used any Palmer's products before, I think it's just their generic fragrance. It does have a slight biscuity fake tan smell to it, which doesn't bother me as I only apply it, go to bed and shower in the morning.

The packaging is really simple with a pump head. My only issue is I'm not so sure how to close the pump without squirting the lotion everywhere. It's not messy to use and you can get the right amount of product out 

This product is fantastic! I don't think I could rave more about it. It's great for fake tan novices or those just wanting a slight hint of colour. I think this may become a staple product in my collection and something that I'll use every summer.

You can purchase it from Feelunique for just £5.09 with free delivery.

What tanning products would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...