Pages

Monday 3 June 2013

Review: Soap & Glory Cheekmate

Every time I nip into Boots, I'm always attracted to the Soap & Glory cosmetics stand. There is just something so alluring about their gimmicky packaging and the puns that they come up with. I've have long been a fan of their body products so decided to venture into the cosmetic realm.


'A refreshing gel stain with BLUSHBOOT technology to enhance circulation in the capillaries of the skin. Plus raspberry seed, kiwi extract & vitamin C to moisturize and condition'


Apologies for the blurriness, I had a Labrador attempting to jump off a 10ft wall into my garden just as I was taking the photo. Cheekmate is a highly pigmented gel stain for obviously your cheeks and then for your lips. I've used the the Benefit cheekstain before and I found that to bright and difficult to work with for my liking. However, Soap & Glory's Cheekmate is a gel based stain making it easier to apply.


You only need a smidgen of the gel to create a flush of colour across your cheeks. I like a good bit of colour as much as the next girl but too much and you end up looking like you're doing fancy dress!



It is important to work quickly with this as it drys and will leave you with candy apple cheeks otherwise! I tend to apply this using the Real Techniques stippling brush as it's quick and easy to blend in. I find when using my fingers, I tend to end up with red stains.



For best results, apply before powder and you'll end up with a subtle rosy glow that lasts all day.
I don't really wear tints on my lips as they can be quite dry and I find tints can emphasise any dry patches. However, if you don't have dry lips, the two would complement each other and Cheekmate would be a perfect two in one product.

Soap & Glory Cheekmate is available to purchase from Boots for £8 (often on 3 for 2)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...