Pages

Sunday 4 August 2013

Review: Boots Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner

Hello lovelies,

I've always thought that toner was the last step to cleansing - to remove any residue or makeup left behind. So I have never been too fussy over what I use and would pick up anything on offer but as I've been getting more into skincare, I found out via Caroline Hirons blog, check it out if your haven't already, that toner has other functions. I wouldn't say my skin was particularly sensitive but with combination skin, I tend to try to avoid toners with alcohol in as they dry your skin out. But this is an exception to the rule.


I love any product that claims to be brightening, I tend to use quite harsh products on my skin to keep it under control and anything that can inject a bit of radiance or a glow back into my face is definitely on my radar. I just love having a fresh and healthy looking complexion. You may already know that products which contain AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids, yes I most definitely looked that up!) are amazing for boosting our skin. They work by chemically exfoliating the top layer of skin away, revealing newer fresh skin underneath. Most products that contain them are out of my price range, so when I spotted this little gem, I was all over it.

Botanics claims that 'this revitalising toner helps visibly tighten pores and instantly brighten skin'. Now those are some pretty strong promises and I think it lives up to them. A toner is never going to dramatically change your skin but I think working in conjunction with other products, this freshens and brightens up your face. I tend to use this every night after cleansing, using a few drops on a cotton pad all over my face. I use a different toner in the morning that doesn't contain alcohol just to set up my face for the day. 

The natural AHA's, which I believe come from fruit acids, help to tighten up your pores and brighten up your skin. I think this is a cheaper alternative to products such as Pixi Glow Toner as long as you don't mind the alcohol. It will be something that I repurchase and I don't say that about a lot of products! 

Botanics have not long ago redone their packaging and changed some of their formulations. I know with some of Botanics other products, there has been mixed reviews regarding formulas but I have no qualms over this toner. 

Boots Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner is available in Boots at a purse friendly price of £3.99 for 250ml but is currently on offer for an even more affordable £2.69. Bargain!

Do you use toner? Have you found any drugstore hidden gems?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...