Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

Review: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser

Hello lovelies,

As you all know I've really been getting into skincare and I'm prepared to pay that little bit more for it. French skincare is renowned for being the best in the World, it is known for its highly effective formulas and its reasonable prices. And as I'm moving to France in a month's time- eeekkkkk!- I decided that it was time to work out which products I would stock up on whilst over there. 


The Effaclar range from La Roche-Posay is aimed at people with oily/sensitive skin. My skin is combination, I have an oily T- zone but dry above my eyebrows of all places, so I have to be careful with what I use. I don't want anything that is going to be too drying but neither anything that is going to aggravate my skin. This La Roche-Posay range is designed for blemish prone skin so I decided to try it anyway after loving their moisturising fluid from the same range. Too often I find products that are labelled as being gentle, they turn out to be ineffective and I want to see a change.

The Effaclar Purifying Gel gently purifies the skin by using specially selected ingredients that are designed to be kind to sensitive skin. It eliminates excess oil and sebum (the stuff that causes spots) leaving skin squeaky clean. 

(Ignore all the marks inside the lid, it has been inside my bathroom for ages!)

I use this wash every night to take my makeup off. I wet my face and then rub the gel in, which creates a slight foam, I then wipe off with a hot flannel. I find this removes all my facial makeup and light eye makeup. It isn't designed to be a 2 in 1 remover so it doesn't disappoint me that sometimes I have to follow up with a specific eye makeup remover. You only need to use the smallest amount of gel and it lathers up crazily. 

I've probably been using this for 3 months + and I have noticed a difference in my skin. It's a lot clearer and I visibly have less blemish marks. I don't want to say it's all down to this product as I have been chopping and changing my skincare routine, drinking more water etc. But I definitely feel that it helps to keep breakouts at bay. It leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, I don't get any tightness.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser 200ml is available at larger Boots store or available online at boots.com for £10.21. This may seem a little steep but it seriously goes a long way. If you're struggling with blemishes, I would without a doubt recommend this.

Have you tried this? Is there any French skincare that you could recommend me to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...