Pages

Monday 30 September 2013

September Favourites

Hello lovelies,

I swear I say this every month but it has just flown by, I've been in France nearly 4 weeks now and I'm loving it. I can't say it's been a smooth journey but I'm getting to the point now where I feel organised and happy to be here. It's my first time living away from home and yes, it's difficult and new, but I wouldn't give up the opportunity I've got. I've met so many great people and our paths would never have crossed without me doing this. I know I'm rambling but yano... My September Favourites were surprisingly easy to pick, I didn't come to France with much and I'm waiting for some items I've ordered to be delivered, so expect a big haul next week.



I've had this quite a while and just not used it. For some reason when I was packing I threw it in my bag and before I went to the beach the other week, I pulled it out. My skin has improved but not to the extent that I would feel happy enough to go barefaced in front of people that I've only known a couple of weeks. And I know I should be confident enough to say this is me and this is what I look like but I'm not. This provided a light coverage and just perked my skin up, I popped it on in the morning before heading to the beach and the shade, light, is probably a bit too light for me now, so I used bronzer on top, it stayed put all day in 30 degrees plus. I prefer to use this over a foundation in hot weather as they tend to melt and leave my face just looking like an oily mess. A big thumbs up from me.

I have no idea where this came from. Honestly. L'Occitane is somewhere I wouldn't tend to go into, to me it looks expensive and I haven't tried any of their products until now. With living in France, I've had to learn how to do the washing up - it's never ending but that's another story! My hands have definitely felt the aftermath, they've been dry and flaky. This is everything I look for in a hand cream, it's so nourishing, sinks in beautifully and doesn't leave any sticky residue, which is the reason I don't use hand creams often, I hate that sticky film.  

Nivea Sun Protect & Bronze SPF30 200ml - £14.99 (currently on BOGOF at Boots) 
You're all going to think I'm odd putting a sun cream into my favourites going into Autumn but if you're going on holiday, stock up. This gives you the most perfect tan without burning, it's so easy to apply and isn't thick or sticky. For those who think SPF30 is high, I still got a tan wearing it, I'm not going to rant on about how important sun cream is, as you all know but please wear it for your skins sake. This keeps your skin safe and you get a great tan. 

I may have to say I like this more than my beloved L'Oreal Telescopic. I just love it, it gives such a great result, I have long lashes anywhere and this just boosts the volume and doesn't clump. Lashes are significantly lengthened and thickened, yet they still look natural. It stays put all day and I couldn't ask for anymore, I've definitely been won over. 

What have been your favourites this month? Have you tried any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...