Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

Review: Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm

Hello lovelies,

So I know a post on a lip balm may seem a bit snore-worthy but believe me, this works miracles. The weather in Bordeaux seems to have dropped about 15 degrees over night, no joke, and my skin had been suffering. My lips just can't take the bitter winds and I know the Nuxe balm had been so hyped up, it just fell in my basket.


It's certainly a luxury lip balm...if I'm spending £10 on a lip balm, I want a little frosted glass jar, I want it to look pretty on my dressing table and not like any old chapstick. And it certainly does, thumbs up so far.

Here's what Nuxe say about Reve de Miel:
"Effective by nature 
A repairing, nourishing lip balm with a rich, delicious texture to restore suppleness and comfort to dry and chapped lips. A must-have product: one is sold every 28 seconds throughout the world*! A repairing, nourishing lip balm with a rich, delicious texture to restore suppleness and comfort to dry and chapped lips. A must-have product: one is sold every 28 seconds throughout the world *!
Precious benefits for my skin" 

Now whether one is sold every 28 seconds around the World, I have no idea and how do you even work something like that out? To cut a long story short, Nuxe reckon a lot of people like their lip balm, but do I?

(I'm an awful blogger, I just couldn't wait to try it!)

The texture? Not like anything I've tried before and certainly not what I was expecting. It's quite waxy but at the same time, gritty... I'm really selling this, but that texture almost immediately disappears and I suppose in sorts, it exfoliates your lips. What really impresses me about this little wonder pot, it's that it really lasts. You can either use it lightly or pop it on as an overnight treatment and in the morning, you can still feel it moisturising away.

Onto the scent, now I'm not a great fan of honey and I thought I'm really not going to like this, it's not going to be for me. But strangely, it smells like chocolate orange, could this get any better!? It's not too strong or overpowering and I really like it.  It might not be for everyone but heyho...

So I'm going to cut to the chase and just say it works. If you've got horribly dry, chapped lips and want to inject some moisture back into them, this soothes, heals and softens, it's just a lifesaver for lips. 

I feel like I've rambled on about it, but yes I do feel passionately about this lip balm. Seriously, nothing else I've tried even comes close. 

You can find Nuxe Reve de Miel online at Feel Unique for £9.50 or in selected M&S stores for the same price. I know it sounds expensive but you do get a good amount of product and I can see this lasting through the whole Autumn/ Winter.

Have you tried Reve de Miel?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...